Marilee J. Layman (mjlayman) wrote,
Marilee J. Layman

This journal has been placed in memorial status. New entries cannot be posted to it.

Yet Another Note

After I got offline last night (having just skimmed my flist), I read a lot of papers, and am up to the 30th. I went to bed to read at 3am and came back out to get the paper when I was ready to sleep, at 4am. I set the alarm to noon, but had to reset it to 1pm and it still took a lot of moving and thinking to get up.

I took the trash & recycling out and had my labs done (the needle part by someone who is substituting there and I have a nice bruise) and then stopped at a Mexican restaurant on the way home. A friend from bookgroup had recommended it, and it's right next to Popeye's, so I'd seen it for the 20 years I've lived here, but never been there. The handicapped spots are in a place where you have to walk a good bit to get to the curbcut and the stuff to walk on is like frosting -- lots of changes of height. I went in and he started taking me to a two-step portion of the restaurant and I said, "Oh, anything without steps?" (which were before the two-steps) and he sat me there. The menu was big, but it was essentially all combos -- one each of two somethings. I had a chile relleno and an enchilada, without beans but with rice (too much protein with beans). They were okay, but not as good as I've had other places.

But while I was eating, I had one of my "seizures" where I couldn't remember what everything on the table was. I only had to ask for the check and calculate the amount to put in, and those were okay. I had trouble walking to the van and had to hold on to the pillars holding the roof over the sidewalk. Driving home was okay, but there were people behind me who thought I was driving too slowly. I got the mail, which was mostly catalogs, plus a book and three bills, and sat in the recliner for a while going through them. I went to bed very sleepy at 4pm, not even putting my clothes in the hamper, I just made a pile at the side of the bed, and slept until 1am. I was thinking if I should get up for a bit or just go back to sleep and I decided to get up, at which point I noticed the alarm said 2:45am. I must have done some of both.

I'm going to eat and have the rehydration fluid while I read the front pages of Wednesday's paper because then I'll do today's paper, and maybe read the 31st before I go to bed again.

I've been fine since I got up (about an hour ago), so I think the seizure dregs are gone.
Tags: "seizure", errands, food, labs, reading, sleeping

  • 9 Ded Crickets...

    ... and I was the one who killed them. These two cats aren't are interested in them. I planned to be back online sooner, but it looks like I'm going…

  • Yikes! Longer!

    I'm even not on every third day right now. I think all my hands hurt, but I see the rheumatologist next Friday. I have little posts to write about…

  • Lots of Things

    I worked things out with the Amazon teller and they sent me refunds for the books I didn't exactly order and that definitely weren't in my library.…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.