Marilee J. Layman (mjlayman) wrote,
Marilee J. Layman

This journal has been placed in memorial status. New entries cannot be posted to it.

Humongous Storms

I'm going to give Falling Skies and Necessary Roughness a second try. They're both kind of wobbly in the pilots. Falling Skies has big semi-reptiles and they put what looks like baby scorpions on the back of the human neck to control them. I think I've read about that kind of critter on the neck before, but I can't remember what it is. I read Friday's paper then got dressed, coordinated, and went shopping. There were storms all night, but not bad here. I stopped at McDonald's first at 8:55am and the tree I usually park under lost about the top third of the trunk. Some branches had recent cuts, but I don't know if it was to make the tree stable or because they got broken.

I went to the grocery and when I got to the pharmacy, they were closed. They did have a sign that said they were closed on Monday, but it was Sunday. I'd checked online about when they opened, and it was about 40 minutes past that. I wanted some frozen food, too, so talked to the seafood woman on the way. She called the manager who said it would be open at 10am. I suddenly realized that I'd looked at the regular days online, not Sunday. I got the frozen things and went back to sit on the bench that's part of the pharmacy. One of the pharmacists came in five minutes later and was out to help me in another five minutes, so I got Junie's meds and went through the Beauty and Health section to get another scissors hair clip. They had smaller ones plus tiny ones, none of which would hold my hair up at the back. I remembered to take the existing one to the van today and leave it there, but I came in soaked again. I had started at the check-out, so it's probably the walking in the more humid store.

I picked up Thursday's through Saturday's mail on the way in and there wasn't much there. I put the freezer and fridge things away and went back to the bedroom at 10:30am. I was so wet and salty that I stood in the shower for a couple minutes without washing, dried off, and went to bed. I read the book until noon, finishing it, but sleeping a lot while I read it. I didn't set the alarm and woke up at 10:30pm. I got out here to watch the news and read a section of Saturday's paper. I've been mostly online since then, and I'm really sleepy again.

All weather things say in the 80s for Tuesday, so I ought to be able to keep the PT appointment. According to the weather person on TV, we had giant storms, one person was killed, that I slept through. There's always a rehearsal for the Fourth of July extravagance on the Capitol lawn -- good way to see the show without being crammed in the next day -- and the park police apparently did a great job of getting all of them evacuated into safe areas.

A motorcyclist was riding without his helmet to protest the law requiring them. He fell on his head off the bike and died. Troopers said he probably would have lived if he wore a helmet.
Tags: computer, computer tv, errands, helmet protest, july 4 rehearsal, pharmacy, reading, sleeping, weather

  • 9 Ded Crickets...

    ... and I was the one who killed them. These two cats aren't are interested in them. I planned to be back online sooner, but it looks like I'm going…

  • Long Time

    Part of the long time is because I'm sleeping a lot -- more than I'm awake -- but I haven't turned the computer on for the last four days because my…

  • Extreme Weather!

    We had a couple of tornadoes the last two days, plus a lot of flooding. Loki and Junie kept rushing to see who could get into the carrier in the…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.