Marilee J. Layman (mjlayman) wrote,
Marilee J. Layman

This journal has been placed in memorial status. New entries cannot be posted to it.

Better Than Yesterday

On Sunday, it took me until right before 4am to read the paper, at which point I realized I should have left paper out here earlier. I wanted to finish the book, but I got so sleepy that I had to stop at 6am. Yesterday, I was up at 2pm and checked Saturday's mail. My check was there, so I deposited it at the credit union, and on the way back, I stopped and got a "small vanilla cone" where the "small" is about four inches above the cone. We had some little birds flying around looking for stuff to eat.

I went on to the grocery store and almost left the cashier without my bag. I put it in the back of the van, picked up Monday's mail, and on the way home I suddenly became completely soaked. It wasn't that hot outside or in the van, but I did turn the AC on. I came in and put most of what was in the bag into the fridge and freezer and went to sit in the recliner. I decided I'd read one of the paper sections while I relaxed, but I couldn't read the words. This was just before 5pm and I went down to the bed, took the soaked clothes off, and got in bed, partially covered. The next five minutes moved me to all the way under the covers and I went directly to sleep. My phone rang at 7:30pm so I would take the meds, and I got up and checked one of the books in my headboard and that was okay. My hair was still wet, but the rest of me was dry.

I signed on just to make sure I didn't have important mail and then went to the recliner to watch a couple of shows. Spirit was very unhappy because the computer was on the pillow and she thought she didn't have room. I kept pointing her to the two places that would be good, but she went back to bed. I finished reading Sunday's paper and read all of Monday's and then went to bed at 1:30am. I only got a bit more of the book read even though I stopped reading at 6am. I just kept trying and falling asleep. The cats played with two sparkle balls and Loki actually played with his! Junie has been dropping balls in my slippers and a few days ago, there was one in their water bowl. Well, today, another ball in water. I smushed it in a towel and left it on the counter.

I went to sleep at 6am and got up at 2pm, feeling a lot better. I sat up out here and read the rest of the book, checked the temp -- 88F -- to make sure I could go, and headed out.

Two dolphin calves died at the Baltimore Zoo.

The House person in my area is Wolf. I used to vote for him even though he was Republican because he did great things with regional transportation. I haven't voted for him the last few elections, even knowing he would win, but he must be worrying. He wants to get George Washington a federal holiday.
Tags: cats, chinn park library bookgroup, computer tv, deposit check, dolphins, reading, shopping, sleeping, soaked

  • Very Strange Extended Weekend

    I had an appointment Friday with the rheumatologist and she gave me a shot of cortisol in my left shoulder because I could barely move that arm. She…

  • Ack! Computer Crash! And Me Crash, too.

    Earlier this week, the computer wouldn't stop. I looked all over for something that might work, other than unplugging, and when I didn't find…

  • The Week

    I write up my week on a quarter of paper and always have things listed near the front of the week. Some weeks, like last one, get everything pushed…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.