Marilee J. Layman (mjlayman) wrote,
Marilee J. Layman

This journal has been placed in memorial status. New entries cannot be posted to it.

A Wet Keyboard

On Friday, I spilled about half a glass of iced tea into the trackball and keyboard. I wiped it up and they kept working. When I got offline, I watched TV, read the paper, and went to bed to read just before 1am. I finished the book at 4:30am and set the alarm for noon. I got up at noon -- I always set up the shower stuff first and then rest on the bed for a few minutes -- and accidentally slept on the bed for about another 30 minutes until Junie woke me up.

I was on time to bookgroup, partly because I had the totebags & rolling cart set up already, and there was only eight of us plus one email. Most of the other folks were out on three-day weekends. We went to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse and the local one is very very hard for me to walk to. It's set above a flood control lake next to a shopping center so you have to not only walk around the restaurant to get to the front door, but the planks are all uneven and most move. Then going back includes going up a steep concrete walkway. The winds were so bad and I was so tired and the facility is so anti-disabled that I had to stop and get my balance every few steps. I didn't want to tell the others that I wouldn't go because we'd already had a discussion on where to go, but I was really tired when I got home.

I set up to be onilne for a bit, but when a key worked, it had the wrong character. The trackball was fine. I have an extra keyboard in the storeroom, but it was unpleasant outside and I'd have to move things in the storeroom, so I decided just to leave it. It frequently works after it dries out, which it does.

Last night I watched some tapes and read the paper, getting to sleep at 5am. The gyn told me to stop the hormone replacement meds, so sometimes I'm having big deal hot flashes, and I did last night -- throwing the covers off because I'm so hot, going back to sleep, getting the covers back up because I'm so cold, going back to sleep, repeat -- and stayed in bed until 2pm.

Today I read the front pages of the sections of the paper, watched Meet the Press, am washing sheets, and have been online.

Yesterday was a Severe Weather Day -- the dew point about 2 and the winds almost 60mph -- and Virginia had more than 100 wildfires. Maryland didn't have as many. One of the big ones in the county around my city was actually set -- the police found the guy and he's in jail. Several of the fires leapt streets and interstates, making traffic even worse than usual on Saturdays.

ETA: I forgot to say that the National Christmas Tree fell down yesterday. It's the third National Christmas Tree and all of them have come down because of wind. When the news showed the base, it was hollow inside.
Tags: bookgroup, food, laundry, reading, sleeping, tv, weather, wet keyboard

  • 9 Ded Crickets...

    ... and I was the one who killed them. These two cats aren't are interested in them. I planned to be back online sooner, but it looks like I'm going…

  • Very Strange Extended Weekend

    I had an appointment Friday with the rheumatologist and she gave me a shot of cortisol in my left shoulder because I could barely move that arm. She…

  • Yikes! Longer!

    I'm even not on every third day right now. I think all my hands hurt, but I see the rheumatologist next Friday. I have little posts to write about…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.