Marilee J. Layman (mjlayman) wrote,
Marilee J. Layman

This journal has been placed in memorial status. New entries cannot be posted to it.

More Birdseed, Seedbead, and Catfeed

I had a painful night and didn't get up until late so it was well into the afternoon that I headed out to the other end of the county for birdseed. The company that makes it has changed the bag size from 25 pounds to 20 pounds without changing the price. I went ahead and got two bags since I was sure 40 pounds would fit in my metal container, but I may have to look for cheaper options. On the way back, I stopped at Roma restaurant and had souvlaki and onion rings -- wouldn't hurt me not to eat there again, either!

The beads I bought at Sandi's Saint Paul store on Monday arrived today and I spent some time logging them into my beadbase and then put them in the workroom to put away later. I also went out on the porch just before dusk and glued a blue & purple dichroic cabochon to a badge holder with E6000 and for the first time ever, didn't get any E6000 on me! I'm going to bead around it to give to auction for the Boy Scouts.

I know, me giving to the Boy Scouts? Well, one of the couples in my bookgroup has a son in Boy Scouts and I'm quite fond of him. His group's dinner and auction fundraiser is the same night as our bookgroup in May and we agreed to eat there after group. I asked his mom if they'd like jewelry to auction and she seemed quite happy about it. I already have something strung and I've started on a ponytail holder. It and the badge holder are minor things and then if I think I have time considering my BFAC project, I'll weave a necklace or bracelet, too.

Shiva was annoyed a lot last night, too, and I decided that I should try two plates again, since he's staying in the castle when I come out to feed them. I put Spirit's plate on the floor in the kitchen and she lit into it and I took Shiva's to the entry in front of the castle. As soon as she heard him eating, she dashed over to see what he had. I positioned myself and scolded her back into the kitchen. When they were both mostly done, I put out snackies which they both ate, and then they went and finished each other's plates. If this continues to work, I guess the dishwasher will run more often.
Tags: beads, birds, cats

  • Stupid Online Taxes

    I watched TV last night and then started reading the paper. I got too sleepy and went to bed at 9:30pm, getting up at 10:30pm. I'm very glad that…

  • More Pain Again

    I watched The Closer last night and it turns out that there's one more show in the season. Then I read the paper and went to bed to read at…

  • Maybe I Should Have Stayed Home

    Last night the heat pump came back to life with new, more power, breakers. The guy who did the work didn't seem to understand what I said, but they…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.